CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Navitat Canopy Adventures in Knoxville TN is seeking candidates who are interested in providing a great adventure experience to a variety of customers while working in the trees. Full and Part time positions are available. Successful completion of training regimen is required for all positions. Navitat is a tree-based adventure company located at Ijams Nature Center that offers experiences to thrill, educate, and inspire. Navitat Knoxville at Ijams Nature Center offers over 60 challenges and zip lines throughout 6 different adventure trails in the canopy of the trees.
Challenge Course Guides provide customer service, instruct and lead participant groups on an adventure experience at height in the trees, while effectively managing risk. All candidates must share our philosophy of excellence in customer experience, and our focus on safety. Applicants must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and good communication skills.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
– Provide excellent customer service to all guests of Navitat Canopy Adventures
– Ensure all course operations are conducted in accordance with Navitat Canopy Adventures safety standards
– Properly inspect all course components and course gear
– Fit harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal protective equipment
– Conduct participant pre-screening and ground school
– Technically supervise guest participation, coordinating activities and preventing incidents
– Use social skills to positively facilitate entire guest experience
– Perform rescues as needed
– Attend ongoing training throughout the year
– Perform additional tasks as required throughout the year such as grounds maintenance, front of house check-in, on-course maintenance, etc. Depending on the time of year, guides may be focused on
– High School diploma or equivalent
– 18 years of age or older
– Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
– Must successfully complete initial training and ongoing skills assessments
– Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
– Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi-task environment in all weather conditions
– Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
– Risk management experience preferred
– Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risks and providing excellent customer service.
Physical Abilities Required
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
– Must have the ability to perform work at height
– Must be able to perform all technical rescues associated with the park
– This position may require walking and standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions
– Ability to speak in front of large groups effectively
– Must have a flexible schedule with full availability on the weekends.
– Navitat employees are expected to work most weekends and holidays.
– Part-time employees must work a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
– Navitat operates 7 days a week, year-round (weather and reservation dependent.) The busy season is March through November.
– Scheduling priority is determined by both employee availability and performance.
– CCGs may be placed on a standby or on-call schedule.
– A schedule of guaranteed days off will be made in advance.
– Challenge Course Guides are required to attend a 4 day, 32-hour training class
– Initial training will require trainees to learn to manage risk, master the use of course equipment, perform med to high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests.
– Trainees must pass both a written final test with an 80% or above and a practical test with 100% to successfully complete the training.
– CCGs will be required to attend and document ongoing training throughout the season.
Wages and Benefits
– $14/hr starting wage: higher starting wage available with relevant experience.
– Wages are earned by the hour.
– Tips may be received from guests (this is not a guarantee).
– Performance-based raises are possible.
Uniform and Gear
– Staff will be required to provide their own outerwear such as tough footwear and raingear
– Navitat provides technical PPE (harness, helmets, radios, etc.).
– Staff t-shirts and climbing gloves will be provided by Navitat. Additional uniforms and protective equipment will be available at the employee’s expense.
– All CCGs are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a professional appearance.
Please do not call. We will contact you via phone or email after reviewing your resume
Sign up to receive info about upcoming deals and events.
|MONDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*|
|TUESDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*|
|WEDNESDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*|
|THURSDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*|
|FRIDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*navitat at night: call for times|
|SATURDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*navitat at night: call for times|
|SUNDAY||10:00am to 6:30pm*|
|MON - FRI: Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to start time; advance ticket purchase recommended. * Last tour starts 2.5 hours prior to close.|